Sunday, May 15, 2011

wild race day!!!

Hey Comp Edgers'....hope you all had a great weekend? I know mother nature has had a bit to say about the riding conditions but look how awesome the trees, grass, and flowers are looking! I did get a ride in yesterday at Robinson. There was just enough rain to keep the dust down and make the trails super sticky and fast...Today, on the other hand, is a whole different story!!! Made my way up to Winsted, CT and competed in the RT66 series mountain bike race along with some great friends. I don't even know how to describe it! Fun, yes....crazy, yup....insane, there was that as well. Dirty...no, filthie, thick, deep, slippery, wild and wet!!!! Great times and one we will talk about for years to come. Nate and Jen were killing it as usual, Royce and Jaymo...eh, yeah cat1 killers as well. I did ok myself...hopefully it was the begining of eliminating my sandbagger reputation (ha, ha...thanks Scott). I gotta say, I'm so grateful to be involved with such wonderful people in such an amazingly fun "sport". The enthusiasm you all bring to the rides is infectious. Hopefully the weather holds out for us tomorrow....but regardless, I'm pretty sure Shawn is putting on a Felt demo which is worth the price of admission. Even if the weather keeps us from rolling, I reccomend showing up to see what's new in the trailer!!!

Until then, be well, sleep tight, and ride on!

J E F F

No comments:

Post a Comment